Top Ten Ways to Save on 2020-2021 Steamboat Ski Lift Tickets
- Buy a Ski Pass in the Spring! If you know you will be skiing Steamboat next year, the BEST discounts on lift tickets are during the months of April – June when you can purchase various season ski passes at the best rates. This includes the popular Ikon Pass and Ikon Base Pass. If you do the math on it, they are the cheapest per day tickets of the year. For up-to-date pricing and availability go here: Steamboat Winter Passes
- Kids Ski Free! Kids 12 & under always Ski Free with an Adult 5 day or more lift ticket purchase. If you are renting skis, Ski Haus also has a Kids Rent Free promotion where one Kids rentals are Free when an adult rents skis/boards for 5 days. You can also Save an additional 15% off the rental cost by booking through our website.
- Skip the Lift Ticket Window & Purchase online 7 days in Advance of Skiing! The most expensive lift tickets are when they are purchased at the lift ticket window – – use the Ski Resort website to purchase lift tickets at least 7 days prior to your arrival date (you can thank Al Gore for this!). Visit the Steamboat Lift Ticket page for all the details
- Monitor both this site and the Ski resort website for Special Deals! The resort will typically sell 3 day passes for the non-peak times at great prices, too! The earlier you jump on these special offers, the lower the prices will be.
- Get an Ikon Pass or Ikon Base Pass. The IKON Pass provides the ideal way to experience ski area destinations, and it keeps getting better each year. With this ski pass, you will have access to more than 40 of the most iconic ski destinations in North America, including Steamboat! The IKON Base Pass allows access to the same destinations, but with blackout periods applied.
- Live in the Front Range of Colorado! There are typically a couple times during the year when you can purchase (in person only) 3 pack lift passes for Steamboat for great rates! These are typically sold during weekend ski deals at Christy Sports, or other retailers in the front range.
- Ski Early and Late Season! If you ski in the early season (prior to Dec 22) or during the last two weeks of the ski season in April, there are always opportunities for stellar deals. From 3-day Springalicious passes to the Boat Launch Pass, and if it snows early the slopes are typically pretty empty until the Holidays.
- Get a Route 40 – 4 Pack! This plays off driving Hwy 40 between Winter Park and Steamboat and provides 2 days of skiing at Winter Park and 2 days of skiing to Steamboat Ski Resort,. Go here for all the details on the Route 40 / 4 pack
- Get in Good Shape! How does being in shape save you money? I can’t tell you how many times I have had friends visit from back east who quickly get sore legs from skiing the 1st day and literally have to take 1-2 days off to recover. If you have already purchased 5-7 day lift tickets, that money is lost, there are no refunds when your thighs are screaming uncle! The better shape you are in, the less sore your legs will be after skiing and the more time you can spend enjoying the slopes!
- Be an Olympic Skier! There are some perks to being a really, really good skier/snowboarder. Do you think Billy the Kid, Nelson Carmichael, Shaun White or Lindsay Vaughn ever pay for lift tickets – – H%$* no they don’t!
Latest Deals on Discounted Steamboat Lift Tickets
Always look for special offers on your Steamboat ski lift tickets. Multi-day passes provide a great opportunity for savings and expanded experiences. We’re happy to point the way to the best, current deals, like these popular 3 & 4 day pass options:
Ikon Session Pass – 4 Day $
4 day Adult pass only $125/day
Alterra has added a new IKON SESSION PASS 4-DAY that provides 4 days of skiing or riding at 30 destinations (black out dates apply). The pricing gets even better for the younger members of your family: Young Adult Pass (ages 13-22) $419, Child Pass (ages 5-12) $299, 4 and Under (ages 0-4) $299. In these uncertain times related to COVID-19, they created Adventure Assurance as well, which allows you to transfer an unused Ikon Pass that has been paid for to the 2021 / 2022 Season. Tag this pass with our Lodging Special of Rent 4 nights, get 5th Free and your family can enjoy a vacation to Steamboat, Colorado!
- Ski or ride 4 days at Steamboat (or 29 other destinations during the 2020-2021 Ski Season)
- Current Pricing:
- Adult (age 23+) – $499
- Young Adult Pass (ages 13-22) – $419
- Child Pass (ages 5-12) – $299
- 4 and Under Pass (ages 0-4) – $299
- Days do not have to be used consecutively and can be mixed between resorts
- Limit one pass per person
- New Adventure Pass Assurance Regardless of when you purchase your 2020/2021 Ikon Pass, you can choose to defer the value of your 2020/2021 Ikon Pass as a credit for any single 2021/2022 Ikon Pass for any reason.
- Pass is non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Black Out Dates Apply:
- Dec 26th – Jan 2, 2021
- Jan 16 – 17, 2021
- Feb 13-14, 2021
- Nurses, Military and College Discount – $359
- Price & Availability are subject to change
- Click Here to Purchase Online
Single /Multi Day Lift Ticket Pricing 2020-2021:
As of October 19th the Ski Resort is selling Lift Tickets again Online Only
For the 20/21 Season, lift tickets must be purchased in advance online. The ticket windows and the Ticket Office will not be selling tickets.
KIDS 12 & UNDER SKI FREE
Kids 12 & under ski free the same number of days as their parent, grandparent, or legal guardian when the parent, grandparent, or legal guardian purchase a 5-or-more day adult lift ticket.